Customer margin report

The Robin Report

Best Practices from Kurt Salmon

For most of the last two decades, the U.S. retail industry has benefitted from a thriving American consumer economy and a commitment from China to provide low costs. But in the past year, in nearly unprecedented fashion, costs have risen across all components of the retail supply chain. In the past, retailers have protected profits by passing along cost increases to suppliers or, in some cases, even consumers. In the current economy, however, suppliers are less and less willing to take up the slack; and consumers, clearly, are already skittish about spending—even at rock-bottom prices.

But as costs continue to increase, the pressure to raise prices mounts.

“The world has radically changed, ” Richard A. Noll, chief executive of Hanesbrands (HBI), said in an interview. “There is a clear understanding that prices need to go up in this kind of environment.”

The Robin ReportEveryone is familiar with the huge hikes in cotton prices, which climbed 122% in 2010. But other key commodity prices are increasing as well. Oil prices are up 30%, raising the cost of synthetic fibers as well as transportation rates. Plus, labor rates continue to rise in China and other popular production regions.

Oscar Feldenkreis, president and chief operating officer of Perry Ellis International (PERY), points to the challenges shared by all brands. “We are keeping an eye on inflation, and there are issues with rising material costs, sourcing and freight.” Even companies with strong supplier relations are facing pressure. In an optimal supplier matrix, app- roximately 20% to 30% of suppliers can help share the burden of cost increases, but that still leaves 70% to 80% of the supplier base that may not be as willing—or may simply be unable—to shoulder some of these increases.

NAB Lifts Cash Profit 7% To $1.6 Billion But Revenue Is Down  — Business Insider Australia
This was partially offset by higher lending balances and a broadly stable customer margin.

Popular Q&A

avatar
What are the margins on a report?

Margin n. 1. An edge & the area immediately adjacent to it; a border.2. Blank space bordering the written or printed area on page.

avatar
What are the margins for a unbound report?

Answer
The margins and other presentation factors depend entirely upon the style of the organization asking for the report. Schools usually have a specific format to follow, corporations have style manuals.
Default is usually considered a 1 inch margin throughout, though many put 1 1/2 on the left margin.

Related Posts