GIS job market predictions
to a recent article in Nature, the U.S.Department of Labor identified geographic information technology as “one of the three most important emerging and evolving fields, along with
nanotechnology and biotechnology.Job opportunities are growing and diversifying as geospatial technologies prove their value in ever more areas.” Read more fact and statistics…
It highlighted other significant statistics:
- The $5 billion worldwide geospatial market will grow to $30 billion by 2005; a dramatic increase that is sure to create new jobs, according to Emily DeRocco, assistant secretary at the US Department of Labor's employment and training division.
- NASA says that 26% of its most highly trained geotech staff are due to retire in the next decade.
- National Imagery and Mapping Agency (NIMA) [Now the National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency]is expected to need 7, 000 people trained in GIS in the next three years.
- Of the 140, 000 organizations globally that use GIS, most are government agencies
- The U.S.military, the first industry to adopt GIS and remote sensing on a large scale, has spent more than $1 billion on commercial remote sensing and GIS in the past two years.
Self-Regulatory Organizations; ICE Clear Europe Limited; Order Granting .. — Insurance News Net
ICE Clear Europe states that the changes to the Risk Policy amend the calculation of CDS initial margin requirements to comply with margin requirements under EMIR Article 41 and Article 24 of the implementing Regulatory Technical Standards. /5/ ICE ..
The Next Great Bubble Boom: How to Profit from the Greatest Boom in History: 2005-2009
Book (Free Press)
How would you predict the job market in the UK for Software Engineers/Developers within years to come?
I am working as a software engineer (Java/JEE) for the past two years. Now I have an offer from the University of Southampton for its M.Sc. in Software Engineering which is a 1 year programme. After completing it I'm hoping to apply for the work visa for 2 years. I want a general idea of how things are going on in the job market, because this is going to be quite a risk as I give up my current job in my country.
I know that you won't be able to give a specific answer, but some points worth to consider would be greatly appreciated.
You should continue with your present job and take the M.Sc. degree with Southampton University as an external student. At the same time apply for the visa for 2 years for migrants.
What do department of labor projections predict for marketing jobs
they predict that marketing jobs will be on the rise in the next five to ten years. The average college student works a marketing job to pay themselves threw college. since so many students are going to college these days more marketing jobs will began being field